|Date Posted||December 6, 2021|
Global Senior Planner - Margin
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $100,000.00 - $155,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 6233
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team:
Global Merchandise Planning supports the Planning &Allocation fuction by being the financial stewards of the Product area. Our team has the eagle-eye view of all planning for Lululemon. We work cross-functionally with Merchandising, Mainline Planning, FP&A, Sourcing, and Product Ops, to provide a company-level view of our growth plans as it relates to Sales, Inventory, and Margin
A day in the life:
• This position is responsible for the areas of Initial Mark Up (IMU) to Product Margin, Markdown & Discount analysis & management, as well as in-season revenue planning and modelling. You’ll be a bridge between the FP&A team and our Product Team to clearly streamline information from both sides and deliver comprehensive insights to maximize sales and profit.
• Owns all areas of the IMU target setting process - responsible for enrollment of cross functional teams and owning the presentation and distribution of those targets, both quarterly and at a fiscal year
• Assist in seasonal, annual and long range margin planning - Partnering with the various areas of the business such as FP&A, Planning, Merchandising, Sourcing to deeply understand or identify the strategic opportunities in the areas of IMU, Markdowns and Discounts
• Visualize and communicate analyses to the business, including building scalable and insightful reports & dashboards having to do with Margin
• Responsible for ad hoc in season revenue planning and models as needed including providing visualizations, analysis and recommendations
• College certificate or University degree is required, preferably in Commerce or Business Administration
• 5+ Years of retail merchandise planning or progressive financial analysis and reporting experience within a fast pace business environments
• 2+ Years of experience in Finance or Accounting preferred
• Strong financial background, exceptional analytical and modeling skills
• Expert knowledge of Excel is required
• Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
• Effective communication skills (written & verbal) & extremely organized, thorough and able to prioritize
• Detail orientated & analytical
• Results oriented - strong sense of motivation
• Self-directed problem solver, proactive and resourceful
• Capable of effective multiple demand management from a variety of sources and adapts well to change.
• Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.