|Date Posted||March 22, 2021|
Miik Inc is a fast growing ethical women’s fashion label with a focus on local Canadian production and sustainable fabrics. Since 2011, Miik has been producing impeccably tailored pieces made from unbelievably soft, custom-milled luxury fabric. Join our small and highly collaborative team of passionate, creative individuals in a fast-paced but family-like atmosphere.
Reporting to the CEO, the Digital Marketing Specialist will build on and execute the brand strategy and digital marketing plan for Miik, leveraging its strong growth record and healthy repeat customer rate to help make strategic, data influenced creative decisions.
We are seeking an experienced marketer with a passion for both design and analytics. You will help design and develop our email marketing campaigns, flows, and optimize our e-Commerce website. You’re a marketing generalist with solid working knowledge across all key digital marketing channels including SEO, analytics and strategy, SEM, Facebook Advertising, digital design and email marketing. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty, and pivoting to meet the needs of a small biz in an ever-changing industry.
What you’ll do:
• Design, develop, and report on email marketing campaigns and flows in Klaviyo
• Design, build, and optimize product and landing pages in Shopify
• Customize third-party Shopify apps, plugins, themes
• Analyze data and results from email campaigns/flows and create reports to present to the marketing team.
• Use excel spreadsheets to extract and analyze user data, including but not limited to creating pivot tables and IF formulas
• Report on analytics across marketing channels, with a deep understanding of the cost of customer acquisition and customer retention.
• Work with the marketing team to create an SEO strategy that is up to date and follows best practices, including website and blog copywriting.
• Strategize, post, manage and scale Facebook, Google and Pinterest ads
• Work closely with management to understand strategic marketing goals and apply them to email campaigns/flows, website design, and ads
• Assist with designing visual assets for e-commerce website and social media
• Assist in filming and editing promotional videos and ad content
• Research and monitor eCommerce brand trends and advise on marketing opportunities
• Experience working with Shopify: designing landing pages, installing and working with third-party apps
• Experience with running and scaling Facebook, google and Pinterest ads
• Experience designing and launching emails using an ESP like Klaviyo or Mailchimp
• Solid knowledge of Google Analytics & other analytics tools
• Understanding of major KPIs to optimize growth, CPA and customer retention
• Understanding of mobile-responsive design and basic UX best practices
• Understanding of SEO/SEM & organic content strategy
• Experience with A/B testing & multivariate experiments
• Expert Excel skills, strong project management skills, familiar with Asana and Slack
• Excellent written communication skills
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Self-starter who can manage their own workflow and projects
• Proficient in Adobe CS
Nice to have:
• Effective storyteller who enjoys bringing products to life
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS; familiarity with Liquid is a bonus
• Enjoys working in a small team environment where you are given a lot of responsibilities and the opportunity to dictate how broad your role can be
• Knowledge of and passion for the fashion industry
• Knowledge of and passion for sustainability and the environment
• Knowledge of image retouching and fashion product photography: close cropping, recolouring, background extensions, etc
• Healthy work-life balance
• Apple laptop for work and phone bill coverage
• Remote work from home and flex scheduling
• Agile work environment - we move quickly and have little red-tape
• Opportunity to buy our clothing at a discounted rate for yourself, and friends and family
• Casual dress code at our office
• A collaborative work environment, that values everyone’s input regardless of title
Job Type: Fulltime, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9-5 (+ flex scheduling)
Experience: Digital Marketing or related field, 2 years
Location: This role is remote during COVID-19, but will transition to days at our studio space in Etobicoke (Toronto) with the opportunity to work some days from home.
***Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio for review. Applications submitted without a cover letter will NOT be accepted. Your cover letter must answer the following questions:
• Why do you want to work for Miik?
• What digital marketing channel do you think is the most important for Miik to be on and why?
• What are your salary expectations? (A range is fine)
Miik is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or sexual orientation.