|Date Posted||June 23, 2020|
Posted: lululemon athletica
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 5243
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
A day in the life:
The Design Director at lululemon collaborates with the VP in leading the design process with the team you are working with. You understand the brand essence, ethos and coach and lead it. Under the mentorship & partnership of the VP, you execute the category’s strategy and create and develop the line from inception of ideas to production of garments. You have experience embedding intuitive innovation into each product & find the blend of function and beauty.
• You are responsible for overseeing the day to day of the design team to execute seasonal styles that reflect lululemon’s Women’s Design ethos. You coach and inspire the design team in the work. You will have clear reference points in terms of understanding product storytelling, design and construction.
• You are responsible for understanding the impact of your decisions on timelines and margins and help install discipline to more junior designers on the team. You are accountable for the performance of your category.
• You combine active product use experience, market knowledge, trend research, and collaboration between lululemon designers to create functional, innovative, quality designs.
• You partner with ambassadors/athletes to continually elevate and innovate our product.
• Teamwork and clear communication are essential. You work cross functionally within the pod, collaborating with product development, fit, merchandising, raw materials development and colour, sourcing and design operations, ensuring your teams have the most up to date information on each style.
• You have razor sharp attention to detail around product/process so that we build beautiful technical athletic apparel. You have a clear understanding of function and how to embed style, beauty and fashion where needed. Finding a balance in the product.
• Awareness of how the line is currently performing in stores – join key meetings for downloads, lead design meetings, partner with your leaders to action feedback for continual innovation of product & to the junior members of the team.
• 12-15 years minimum experience required, combination of industry experience and people management
• Experience working for a multibillion-dollar brand is required
• BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent)
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Mac platform
• An understanding in 3D design would be a benefit
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses