|Date Posted||May 28, 2020|
Director, Product Sustainability
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $175,000.00 - $250,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 0911
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
As Director, Product Sustainability you will be instrumental in catalyzing positive impact for today and the future, through our product sustainability strategy. Your strong vision and execution strategy for tackling challenges relating to product and materials sustainability and impact including, but not limited to, greenhouse gas footprint, materials circularity, energy, and water use in the supply chain. You bring experience, leadership, systems thinking and creativity to lead cross-functional partners in creating and interpreting strategy and roadmaps. You will help product and marketing teams develop the story to translate a technically valid strategy that has defined, measurable key performance indicators in supply chain and product sustainability profiles with concepts that resonate with our guests through the Be Planet products.
• Deliver clear strategy backed by technical data, roadmaps aligned with Impact Agenda goals, including cross-functional and executive engagement. Drive execution, enabling the development of sustainable products from seasonal inception to final marketing and storytelling.
• Anticipate and manage core sustainability issues, partnering with topic thought leaders, strategic suppliers and at external forums. Thought partner to product functions, empower teams to accelerate progress against vision/targets through education, tools + systems. Lead environmental impact assessments and define Be Planet attributes and governance processes.
• Deliver strategic partnerships that progress toward goals, including positioning, innovation and closed loop systems across regions. Lead and develop team members.
• Advise Global VP Sustainability, executives, on emerging trends, risks and opportunities.
• Coordinate with Quality, LLO+ in-region to implement vendor-facing work.
• Input corporate Impact Agenda and goals, disclosure and reporting.
• Advise Chief Brand Officer on storytelling and marketing.
• Coordinate guest facing and media inquiries.
• Bachelors degree in materials, fibres, textiles, environmental or related science
• Masters or higher in Business Management and/or Science required.
• 8+ years in strategy, project management, collaboration, textile/apparel sustainability.
• 12+ years’ experience applying strategy, execution and people leadership; 8+ years in matrixed brand, product creation (PDM, GTM and related systems), sustainability (SAC, Higg); capacity for org change; viewed as expert able to leverage external partners
• 8+ years demonstrated capabilities for strategic planning, organizational change and operational execution
• Viewed as expert with ability to leverage external partners
• Experience with global sustainability collaborative efforts
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.