|Date Posted||February 26, 2021|
Director, Planning & Allocations
Posted: lululemon athletica
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 0113
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
A day in the life of Director, Planning & Allocations
· Develop, communicate and execute merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of the brand
· Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability
· Direct the development of pre-season sales, gross margin and inventory plans that support product strategies
· Prepare and participate in Merchandise Review meetings
· Oversee the development, analysis, and revision of category assortment plans for sales, margin realization, inventory and profit (tops down and bottoms up).
· Direct the financial success of the brand by meeting sales, comp, gross margin, maintained margin and inventory turn goals
· Recommend seasonal merchandise flow strategies that maximize sales, profitability and customer expectations
· Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals; conduct hindsight analysis to incorporate learnings into current and future plans
· Direct the partnership between planning and merchandising to develop and approve category assortment plans for season and analyze product history and current trends
· Represents business priorities with support organizations (Logistics, Finance, Merchandising)
· Recruits and develops a high performance team including organization design, formal and informal training/coaching, leadership development and performance management.
· Provide support to Merchandising to actively manage product assortment throughout season (inventory, MDs, etc.)
· Participates in cross-functional initiatives to develop processes and systems to support the planning activities necessary to support the brand.
The finer print:
· College certificate or University degree is required
· 7+ years merchandise planning experience in the apparel industry for a vertical/global retailer
· 4+ years experience managing three or more direct reports
· Previous experience with merchandise and planning systems.
· Expert knowledge of Excel is required.
· Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
· Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
· Extremely organized, thorough and able to prioritize
· Detail oriented
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses