|Date Posted||November 14, 2019|
Director of Planning and Allocations
Salary: $125,000.00 - $175,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Purchasing Managers (0113)
NOC Job Title: Director, Purchasing
Job Number: 578379
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
• Develop, communicate and execute merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of the brand
• Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability
• Direct the development of pre-season sales, gross margin and inventory plans that support product strategies
• Prepare and participate in Merchandise Review meetings
• Oversee the development, analysis, and revision of category assortment plans for sales, margin realization, inventory and profit (tops down and bottoms up).
• Direct the financial success of the brand by meeting sales, comp, gross margin, maintained margin and inventory turn goals
• Recommend seasonal merchandise flow strategies that maximize sales, profitability and customer expectations
• Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals; conduct hindsight analysis to incorporate learnings into current and future plans
• Direct the partnership between planning and merchandising to develop and approve category assortment plans for season and analyze product history and current trends
• Represents business priorities with support organizations (Logistics, Finance, Merchandising)
• Recruits and develops a high performance team including organization design, formal and informal training/coaching, leadership development and performance management.
• Provide support to Merchandising to actively manage product assortment throughout season (inventory, MDs, etc.)
• Participates in cross-functional initiatives to develop processes and systems to support the planning activities necessary to support the brand.
• Academic/Educational: College certificate or University degree is required
Required skills & experience:
• 7+ years merchandise planning experience in the apparel industry for a vertical/global retailer
• 4+ years experience managing three or more direct reports
• Previous experience with merchandise and planning systems.
• Expert knowledge of Excel is required.
• Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
• Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
• Extremely organized, thorough and able to prioritize
• Detail oriented
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.