|Date Posted||October 3, 2022|
Posted: lululemon athletica
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $168,000- 252,000 CAD
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Positions Available: 1
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team:
The Merchandise team lives and breathes all things product! We collectively work together towards getting the right product for our stores and ultimately our guests.
A day in the life:
The Director, Global Merchandising leads the global men’s or women’s merchandising team and drives the creation of assigned product categories that grow the brand through our design vision while delivering best in class sales, inventory and margin results. The Director leads their team in anticipating guest demand and ensuring the delivery of products that exceed expectations and guarantee growth. This person will act as the cross functional leader for all product categories.
- Design and manage the global merchandising strategy for all product categories
- Responsible for the successful execution of a line plan of assigned product categories, that deliver our design vision in addition to sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals across all channels
- Responsible for the successful execution to drive the delivery of our omni-channel product assortment and digital growth strategies
- Responsible for the product lifecycle and go to market process of assigned product categories through effective teamwork and partnership with all Product teams
- Lead the seasonal line planning process and style count in partnership with Design, Development and Planning for seasonal alignment
- Drive pricing architecture for the assigned product categories, collaborating with other Directors of Merchandising and Design to ensure consistency across the brand
- Collaborate closely with international buying teams to ensure that regional needs are incorporated into the global line plan
- Partner with all cross functional teams outside of Product including Global Brand & Community, Strategy, Operations Excellence, and Supply Chain teams to ensure the design vision is delivered to our guests
- Inform Design team (at key internal milestones) with strategic insight and identify additional product assortment or business growth opportunities
- College certificate or University degree is required, preferably in Merchandising or Business Administration
- 10+ years of experience in a merchant/buyer role, with 5 years management experience
- Vertical retail experience required. Omni channel experience highly desirable.
- Mastery of retail mathematics and Open to Buy
- Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written and verbal
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
- Entrepreneurship – an ability to make decisions and take calculated risks
- Focus on creating an extraordinary guest experience, organisational and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) and working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and work on the retail floor
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.