|Date Posted||April 1, 2021|
Director, Giving and Social Impact
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $150,000.00 - $185,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 0114
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
About this team
Our Sustainable Business & Impact function is shaping the future of impact. This work does not sit only within one function; social and environmental impact at lululemon is a holistic practice of mindful choices that is integrated in everything we do.
A day in the life
• You set and evolve the company’s global giving social impact strategy and point of view in alignment with lululemon’s purpose, brand, Impact Agenda, and Here To Be mission (to disrupt inequity in wellbeing through movement, mindfulness and advocacy)
• Lead lululemon’s nonprofit granting strategy, execution and nonprofit partnership portfolio through relationships held by global and regional teams.
• Lead the development of emerging program activities such as advocacy programming, employee engagement, community investment and more.
• Lead the development of annual and quarterly operating plans to execute on our strategy, including oversight of departmental budgeting, programs, and KPI reporting.
• Develop nimble yet effective impact measurement and evaluation approach.
• Engage company leaders, external advisors, consultants for program governance, cross-functional integration of social impact, and amplification of lululemon and partner efforts.
• Be a go-to resource for leaders across the company that want to contribute to the company’s social impact work.
• Co-create employee and guest engagement strategies and collaborate with Brand/Community/PR on nonprofit partnerships for campaigns, supporting the development of tactics to engage guests and employees in impact.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to maximize our impact across channels and ensure internal and external efforts are aligned.
• Lead, develop, coach and recruit and a high performing team, including direct and indirect reports.
• 10+ years of professional leadership experience with social impact, innovation, philanthropy, CSR associated with a significant budget at a publicly traded company and/or major NGO
• 5+ years of experience within a progressive consumer facing apparel brand,
• Diversity, inclusion and equity training and relevant lived experience.
• Advanced degree, Bachelor’s degree required in related field (Business, Sociology, etc.)
• Demonstrated strategy creation, business case development, planning and operational execution, drawing on insight across areas, applying creative and systematic approach.
• Demonstrated experience in bringing innovation to life, passion for new technologies, processes and products and the ability to assess the practicality and business impact of each against the vision and roadmap.
• Demonstrated relationship builder and communicator with ability to authentically and effectively engage with partners from various background, internally and externally
• Demonstrated leader who can coach, develop and lead a global team of skilled professionals in remote work environments.
• Exceptional people engagement and inspiration, with 10+ years of experience and vision for leading people and teams in a fast moving and complex organization.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.