|Date Posted||March 1, 2022|
Posted: lululemon athletica
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000-150,000 CAD
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Positions Available: 1
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team:
The Planning team is responsible for the creation and execution of the sales and inventory plans that support overarching business financial objectives and the product strategy. They work closely with Merchandising to understand new product trends (Merchandising) and regional/climate selling, size trends, and ensures product is sent to the right Distribution Centre. The team monitors the business on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, understanding changes in trend and reacting to the business to maximize sales and mitigate risk. The priority is to understand and protect the guest experience, followed by delivering profitable sales growth.
A day in the life:
Reporting to the VP, Planning & Allocation, the Digital Planning Manager is responsible for driving and supporting the creation of the product assortment strategy plans and distortions that deliver on our digital growth plans. This person will lead effective partnerships to drive alignment at the intersection of Product Strategy, Web Experience and Digital Marketing.
• The “Digital Champion” within the planning organization with the mandate to drive the delivery of our omni-channel product strategies.
• The go-to cross functional partner when it comes to online assortment strategies and financial targets. Working across Planning, Merchandising, Strategy, Digital, Integrated Marketing, Content Operations, etc.
• Responsible for guiding the pre-season planning for assigned digital product categories in order to achieve financial success. Key areas of focus include financial KPIs such as seasonal targets, productivity metrics, category plans and channel plans, etc.
• Communicates and drives enrollment across functions and key stakeholders for the building of strategies + execution plans at key GTM gates
• Proactively gathers, analyzes and drives insight from the internal business and competitive landscape across both digital and brick and mortar.
• Responsible for shaping and crafting the final seasonal buys with a focus on digital
• Supports with in season management of ecommerce reporting, analysis and corresponding business actions.
• Presents at key financial reviews - OTB, buy reviews, weekly business reviews, quarterly meltdown
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• 5+ years of experience in a planner/buyer/digital strategy role
• Retail / Digital experience required. Omni channel experience highly desirable
• Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team
• Proven business acumen and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written and verbal
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
• Entrepreneurship - an ability to make decisions and take mindful risks
• Focus on creating an extraordinary guest experience, organizational and time management skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.