|Date Posted||November 19, 2020|
The Digital Merchandising Manager will be responsible for all site merchandising, from planning long term strategies, to day-to-day execution. Keeping the customer experience at the centre of every decision, they will oversee product taxonomy, site search and navigation, promotions, new product / colour launches, product information and supporting of site content. They will partner closely with cross-functional team members from Marketing, Creative, Customer Empowerment, Product and Operations to ensure all site merchandising decisions translate to improved user experience and increased sales.
• Create, manage and deliver site merchandising strategies for both Knix and Knixteen to achieve revenue and margin targets, with consideration for customer behaviour, brand aesthetics, and inventory availability.
• Develop and deliver merchandising and execution plans for new product launches, promotions, and other brand initiatives tailored to both new customers and returning buyers.
• Leverage site analytics to monitor performance and continuously optimize product placement and discoverability (homepage, collections pages, navigation, promotions, product pages) to improve customer experience, maximize conversion and achieve sales targets.
• Partner with Product, Marketing, Customer Empowerment and Operations to improve decision support and incorporate customer feedback.
• Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all design and decision-making processes
• Accountable to lead and develop the Merchandising Specialist, who is responsible for updating site assets, loading product images, product copy, UGC, and regular site QA to ensure accurate and consistent site experience.
• Ensure all site assets (images, copy, UGC) are aligned with available brand guidelines.
• Conduct Q&A testing prior to any new site content, products, or promotions going live.
• Partner with the digital marketing team to ensure SEO best practices are met.
• Scan the competition and industry for new changes in their merchandise strategy.
• 3+ years experience in site merchandising for an e-commerce website
• Demonstrated experience in making site changes to positively improve site conversion rate.
• Experience using Google Analytics to monitor product and category performance and related customer behaviour
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design ideas, and solutions to co-workers.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Keen attention to accuracy and detail
• Knowledge of Shopify Platform is considered a strong plus
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted virtually.