|Date Posted||December 5, 2019|
Designer, Women's Outerwear
Salary: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Designer, Women’s Outerwear
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Women’s Outerwear Team obsseses everything jacket related and works collaboratively to deliver seasonal collections at the forefront of the athletic apparel industry.
A day in the life:
The Outerwear Designer is an expert in their field and creates technical outerwear garments that are leading in the world of athletic wear through innovation, design and function.
• Reports to Sr. Designer or Design Director and works cross-functionally with Product Development, Global Fit, Raw Materials and Merchant teams. Develop and mentor design assistants.
• Owns tech pack creation and updates, presentation prep and seasonal research for their own styles
• Responsible for fitting own styles supported by their manager.
• May be required to travel internationally several times per year.
• A university degree in fine arts or visual arts or Completion of a college or art school program
• Min 3-6 years of related experience in technical outerwear.
• 3-5 years experience working in a design role for a global apparel company
• Ability to design for lifestyle and active end-use
• Has a natural understanding of key outerwear elements: down fill and synthetic insulation, waterproof garments, seam-sealing & their performance in relation to body movement.
• Ability to quickly and accurately communicate design vision through detailed sketches. Hand sketching and computer technical drawing skills are required.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Is a self-starter and always looking forward to the future of outerwear.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.