|Date Posted||March 27, 2021|
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $67,000.00 - $110,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 5243
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Print Designer role sits within the Concept Design Org. Our goal is to elevate the Lululemon product by creating unique and original artworks by hand. Our team will drive excellence in print and texture through the connection of design, development and merchandising.
A day in the life:
• Under the mentorship of the Design Director, the designer will create print artworks for woven and knitted substrates for Men’s, Women’s and Accessories seasonal collections.
• Uses advanced skills to innovate and create authentic original art that elevate the brand and are right for the activity and fabrication.
• The designer has expert knowledge and is able translate original designs into various print techniques, wet prints, digital prints and textures.
• Build inspirational concept boards to convey the seasonal print direction.
• Strategically plans and executes the designs for mainline and pinnacle collections and capsules, troubleshoots achievability issues.
• Works cross functionally with product design, product development and our raw material partners to innovate new print methods and to ensure the designs meet technical standards.
• Presents and communicates work clearly and confidently in weekly concept meetings and x-functional seasonal meetings and reviews.
• The designer has a passion for style and function, is aware and ahead of trends and has knowledge of the market we play in.
• Works closely with the colour team to create compelling print designs in colour that express the seasonal direction.
• 4-6 Years industry experience
• MA, BA, BFA, BS or equivalent in fine art, Textile design or similar
• Must be fluent in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Must be able to create repeat artworks
• Good Understanding of different weaving and knitting techniques, fabrics and garment construction
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.