|Date Posted||September 26, 2022|
Posted: lululemon athletica
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $78,000 - 138,000 CAD
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Positions Available: 1
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Women’s design team is a diverse team of creative and strategic thinkers, who are future thinking, detail-orientated and solution focussed. They are at the forefront of women’s activewear and aware of macro lifestyle and fashion trends and how this relates to the active industry. They are passionate about Run, Train & Yoga, and fulfilling every women’s needs in their wardrobes. They are strong communicators who value and develop their cross functional relationships. This is a team of high performers who are constantly striving to develop personally and professionally, practicing open feedback in a trusting space. This team knows how to bring fun into their everyday, prioritising team connection and enjoying sweat & creative sessions together.
A day in the life:
The Designer at lululemon creates world class athletic apparel that is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit and quality. Under the mentorship & partnership of the Senior Designer, Design Manager and Design Director you create and develop the line from inception of ideas to production of garments.
- You are responsible for designing and executing seasonal styles that reflect lululemon’s
Women’s Design ethos. You are responsible for both the conceptual creation of the style and the administrative work of maintaining this information throughout the season.
- You combine active product use experience, market knowledge, trend research, and collaboration between lululemon designers to create functional, innovative, quality designs. You will have clear reference points in terms of understanding product storytelling, design and construction.
- You understand female form, proficiency in how to drape, create and conceptualize during your design process.
- You partner with ambassadors / athletes to continually elevate and innovate our product.
- You will be allocated an assortment of styles in your given category, dependent on the level of complexity of the category. As a Designer, part of your work will be working closely with the senior members of the team to create design informed solves for our guests needs.
- Responsible for fitting styles in order to accurately communicate your design intent. Partner with the in-house workshop to create mockups and prototypes.
- Teamwork and clear communication are essential. You work cross functionally within the pod collaborating with product development, fit, merchandising, raw materials development and colour, sourcing and design operations ensuring your teams have the most up to date information on each style.
- You have razor sharp attention to detail around product/process so that we build beautiful technical athletic apparel. You have a clear understanding of function and how to embed style, beauty and fashion where needed. Finding a balance in the product.
- 5-8 years minimum industry experience is required
- BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent)
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Mac platform
- An understanding in 3D design would be a benefit
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.