|Date Posted||August 29, 2022|
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $75,000.00 - $130,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent)
Positions Available: 1
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Women’s design team is a diverse team of creative and strategic thinkers, who are future thinking, detail-orientated and solution focused. They are at the forefront of women’s activewear and aware of macro lifestyle and fashion trends and how this relates to the active industry. They are passionate about Run, Train & Yoga, and fulfilling every women’s needs in their wardrobes. They are strong communicators who value and develop their cross functional relationships. This is a team of high performers who are constantly striving to develop personally and professionally, practicing open feedback in a trusting space. This team knows how to bring fun into their everyday, prioritising team connection and enjoying sweat & creative sessions together.
A day in the life:
The Colour Designer at lululemon defines colour trends and palettes by activity and applies colour to their assortment. You will risk review colour, provide colour direction, and partner with merchandising and design to create end in mind concept vision.
• Research and apply colour to product - elevate your business and support class growth.
• Partner with design and merch teams to drive design forward whilst protecting the base volume business.
• Be the expert in your product category. Aware of competition and market leads to help drive your category business forward in with a global reach.
• Provide visual line plan by colour to help guide and inform merch buys.
• Bring design work to life by applying colour that is right for its class and fit for product material.
• Complete the head to toe look so that guest can create their own capsule outfit relevant to palette in apparel.
• Produce colour vision to assortment ensuring head to toe is completed.
• Manage workflows within the concept department.
• Deliver expert knowledge and insights to their craft and product class.
• 5+ years minimum industry experience is required
• BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent)
• Proficient in Adobe Suite, Excel, Word, Mac platform
• An understanding in 3D design would be a benefit
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.