|Date Posted||August 29, 2022|
WHO WE ARE
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. That includes creating an equitable, inclusive, and growth-focused environment for our people.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
The Men’s design team is a diverse team of creative and strategic thinkers, who are future thinking, detail-orientated and solution focussed. They are at the forefront of men’s activewear and aware of macro lifestyle and fashion trends and how this relates to the active industry. They are passionate about Run, Train & Yoga, and fulfilling every men’s needs in their wardrobes. They are strong communicators and leaders who value and develop their cross functional relationships. This is a team of high performers who are constantly striving to develop personally and professionally, practicing open feedback in a trusting space. This team knows how to bring fun into their everyday, prioritising team connection and enjoying sweat & creative sessions together.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
The Designer at lululemon creates world class athletic apparel that is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit and quality. Under the mentorship & partnership of the Senior Designer, Design Manager and Design Director you create and develop the line from inception of ideas to production of garments.
• You are responsible for designing and executing seasonal styles that reflect lululemon’s Men’s Design ethos. You are responsible for both the conceptual creation of the style and the administrative work of maintaining this information throughout the season.
• You combine active product use experience, market knowledge, trend research, and collaboration between lululemon designers to create functional, innovative, quality designs. You will have clear reference points in terms of understanding product storytelling, design and construction.
• You understand male form, proficiency in how to design for the body in activity and environment, create and conceptualize during your design process.
• You partner with ambassadors / athletes to continually elevate and innovate our product.
• Responsible for fitting styles in order to accurately communicate your design intent. Partner with the in-house workshop to create mockups and prototypes.
• Teamwork and clear communication are essential. You work cross functionally within the pod collaborating with product development, fit, merchandising, raw materials development and colour, sourcing and design operations ensuring your teams have the most up to date information on each style.
• You have razor sharp attention to detail around product/process so that we build beautiful technical athletic apparel. You have a clear understanding of function and how to embed style, beauty and fashion where needed. Finding a balance in the product.
• We highly value individuals who challenge the status quo and initiate projects that enable to brand to move into new spaces and exceed our guest expectations, solving for what they need and what they didn’t know could be solved.
• 3-5 years minimum industry experience is required
• BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent)
• Experience working in performance and/or swim/water product preferred
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, Mac platform
• Experience in 3D design is an advantage
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously