|Date Posted||September 10, 2019|
Salary: $140,000.00 - $160,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
a day in the life of a senior designer men's
• Design handsome, premium and functional apparel that solves sweaty athletic problems – leading edge in performance, quality, fit and comfort.
• Develop strategy for line and partner with Vision team to build seasonal creative vision – product strategies, design language and ethos, branding, technology, colour, print, fabric & trim, construction, etc.
• Own designs 100% from concept to floor – season kickoff through to final fittings, and building product education
• Partner with the Merchant on building a strong line, and partner with Development and Sourcing to deliver quality product on time.
• Work with Sr Designers to ensure continuity in design strategies and branding across lines, where relevant. Build and coach a high performance team of designers. Train ethos and 4 F’s
• Travel to factories for product development – 4 x per year
• Travel for trend research and tradeshows – design inspiration, colour, print, fabric & trim
• Work on the retail floor – 2 x per month – connecting with guests/athletes to elevate our product
• Be an expert in run, gym/train and yoga
the finer print
• BA, BFA, BS in Design required, MA desired in Textile and knitwear.
• 5+ years of industry experience in apparel design
• 2 + years industry experience with a global apparel retailer
• 1+ years experience leading and managing teams
• Strong knowledge of garment construction, patterns and textiles required
• Thorough understanding of fiber required
• Natural ability to oversee and lead a team in the development and design of product
• You create space for others to be their best selves and achieve outstanding results
• You execute like an owner – calendar and margin aware
• Willingness to be in wonderment and to learn
• Look for what is needed not only today but to realize the future
• Builds capabilities in the organization and in others to drive strategy and achieve results for today and tomorrow
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.