Associate Fashion Writer
|Company Name||Glamour Magazine|
|Location||New York, United States|
|Date Posted||March 7, 2017|
Glamour is looking for a talented, whip-smart writer to join our fashion features team, contributing insightful, authentic stories to both the magazine and glamour.com. The ideal candidate can think both imaginatively and critically, seeking out stories at the intersection of fashion and women’s everyday lives. This position reports to the Fashion News Director.
• Write features, display, and well copy for the magazine
• Source and write stories for Glamour.com that comprise a mix of news and evergreen content
• Pitch stories and features that spotlight an unexpected angle on the fashion landscape
• Visit showrooms, attend events, and build relationships with emerging designers, brands, models, stylists, et al.
• Leverage original reporting and exclusive access to develop stories our readers can’t find anywhere else
• Assist in coverage of live events on the Glamour cultural calendar, from award shows to TV premieres
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• At least 2-3 years’ experience writing fashion and/or lifestyle stories for well-known women’s media brands
• Passion for both print and digital platforms
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to excel in a fast paced/deadline-oriented environment
• Detail-oriented, with a knack for multitasking
• Ability to follow through on ideas from concept to execution
About Condé Nast:
Condé Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world’s most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company’s portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue, Ars Technica, The Scene, Pitchfork and Backchannel. The company’s newest division, Condé Nast Entertainment, was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
For more information, please visit condenast.com and follow @CondeNast and @CondeNastCareer for Twitter and @condenastcareers for Instagram
To apply: Please apply directly on Conde Nast’s career website at the link below: