Summer after summer we’ve seen floral prints on the runways and the streets. Although the flower still popped up during numerous big fashion shows this year, it wasn’t the only nature inspired detail. Besides flowers, big leaves, water patterns, mountains, trees and animal prints were all part of the nature trend embraced by popular designers such as Michael Kors and Preen.
There are many ways to incorporate the great outdoors into your style. Nature-inspired prints can look great when featured on classic styles of apparel such as a fitted pencil skirt or blazer. If you want to treat the print itself as a statement piece, pair it with more neutral tones. For a more daring and unique approach to the trend, try mixing different textures and colours that represent earthly elements.
The great thing about the nature-inspired trend is that you don’t have to look too far for inspiration. Some of the most inspiring things are just outside your own window!
1. Ted Baker London Bejeweled Wing Print Blazer, $379.77, available at Nordstrom
2. Topshop Banana Leaf Print Top, $82.94, available at Nordstrom
3. Osklen Rustic Twilight Skirt, $344.10, available at Shopbop
4. Line & Dot Print Cutaway Cotton Dress, $128.77, available at Nordstrom
5. Nicole Miller Print Ruched Sheath Dress, $360.12, available at Nordstrom
6. Barbara Bui Printed Chino Pants, $194
By: Faryn Wegler, Toronto
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.