Will Smith shows up at Ralph Leroy! Pregnant Melissa Nepton wins the chance to design a line for Target! Pedram Karimi plays anything but safe! These are just some of the many highlights from Montreal Fashion Week. It was an international scene and the city never felt more alive. With so many new additions added along with the anticipated runway events, everyone from all over came to see what was in store.
For Fall/Winter 2013, designers were not afraid to add some extra edge to their collections. Bold blues and pinks could be seen for miles such as Martin Lim’s cobalt pieces.
Sheer was shining and what better way to add a Canadian take than to pair these materials with furs such as pieces from Rush Couture’s collection.
So many designers are known for their take on tailoring and Rachel Sin’s architectural background was something that did not go unnoticed.
Now, let’s not forget the fabulousness of being at these fashion weeks – people flocking as they fill up their seats and, of course, being seen at the latest party.
We have so many amazing designers in our own background and should support them. I’m still adding to my current season wardrobe for this year but can’t wait for next fall to come around!
1. Martin Lim Fall/Winter 2013 Collection, image courtesy of Jimmy Hamelin, Sensation Mode
2. Rush Couture Fall/Winter 2013 Collection, image courtesy of Jimmy Hamelin, Sensation Mode
3. Rachel Sin Fall/Winter 2013, image courtesy of Notable
4. Montreal Fashion Week Event Photos, image courtesy of Westmountfashionista.com
5. Montreal Fashion Week Event Photos, image courtesy of Westmountfashionista.com
6. Montreal Fashion Week Event Photos, image courtesy of Westmountfashionista.com
By: Mijana Veljkovic, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @mijanaveljkovic.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.