|Date Posted||Jan 16, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0911)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy and fun lives.
Reporting through the Product Design and Development engine this candidate is responsible for driving the product development and support the PD strategy for all mainline, men’s and women’s apparel. Working closely with Design, Merchandising, Quality and Sourcing teams. This candidate will provide management support and leadership development for the PD managers and fit specialists and support operational excellence and achieving seasonal readiness to support the buy process. This candidate will support process and set direction for a team of Product Developers and Fit Specialists, to ensure consistency in construction and fit, and support ensuring accurate and consistent development, approval and costing of fabrics and trims.
Other key responsibilities and duties include:
• Manages execution product Development Process ; ensures Buy Ready deadlines are met according to Milestone Calendar; ensures BOM’s are complete and accurate
• Supports lululemon fit strategy for consistency in product execution
• Supports development of Global Manufacturing base by confirming factory product development and sampling capabilities and effectiveness.
• Manages On-Site travel and process as a tool to reduce product approval time
• Manages Product development team structure; provides coaching for continued role development; balanced workloads.
• Communicates with all business partners; participates in weekly POD, Production, and Product Team meetings
• Ensures team members complete all required status updates to meet deadlines
• Continued learning through the store shift experience.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Traits) and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Management, Textiles, Business Administration, or related field required
• 12 – 15 years industry experience with increasing level of responsibility in a managerial role in a team environment
• 5 – 7 years in product development at an executive management capacity
• Able to lead and influence others to action
• Expert in PLM systems and knowledge of other design / development software
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills from a team environment – team player
• Strong attention to detail / accuracy in all written documentation
Our “must haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
• Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
• Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
• Gets out into the world and sweat’s everyday
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.