|Date Posted||Mar 08, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $110,000.00 - $135,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 4
NOC Group: (0113)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
We manage the relationship with our apparel & accessories vendors & ensure that lululemon has best in the world manufacturers. We work cross-functionally across the entire product team to ensure product meets our business strategy, quality & cost goals. We then work with our vendors to make those products a reality. In addition, this role will require both domestic and international travel.
a day in the life of a Sourcing Manager
• This position will manage Sourcing Leads and Analysts, and develop and mentor their team.
• Negotiate and confirm garment/ trim/ or raw materials F.O.B pricing for assigned category/line on a timely basis that meet or exceed lululemon’s IMU goals and Pod IMU Goals
• Maintain seasonal global gross pricing margin report for assigned category/line at each note GTM Gate out lined in the process map. Communication of costing status to cross functional teams
• Work closely with specific POD Design, Raw Materials, Development and Merchandising to anticipate future garment technologies and trends. Develop capabilities with existing factories.
• Build strong, lasting relationships with vendors & cross-functional teams to help foster an environment of partnership & trust.
• Be a leader, lead projects around process efficiency, costing tools, capability improvements, sourcing strategy etc.
• Track all liabilities weekly and inform stakeholders in timely manner.
• Be a resource in the SSC supporting the LLO as needed
• Ensure that all seasonal calendar timelines are met
• On-board new vendors successfully
• This position will work one 4-hour shift per quarter on the retail floor
The finer print required:
• A college diploma or additional 3+ years’ of industry related experience
• You have 3-5+ years of experience in Sourcing for the apparel/retail industry and have worked closely with building relationships with off-shore fabric manufacturers
• You have experience in managing subordinates & thrive on coaching, & providing feedback for growth
• You have extensive experience in costing and sourcing strategies
• You are an expert in the apparel manufacturing process & are familiar with operating principles such as LEAN, ISO & Continuous Improvement and/or a strong understanding of technical fabrics and constructions, including welding, seam taping, glued seams, and laser cutting
• You have visited countless factories or mills & have a keen eye for quality, compliance & process optimization
• You have no problem getting your hands dirty & negotiating face to face
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.