|Date Posted||Mar 14, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $75,000.00 - $110,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 4
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Product Developer, Senior
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Product Development Team
To oversee the creation and commercialization premium performance product ensuring it is performing for the intended end use through garment fit and construction and is meeting the required quality standards through lab and weartesting in accordance with lululemon business goals.
a day in the life of an Senior Product Developer
• Maximize product greatness within the pod by developing & influencing others in the team to develop & commercialize premium performance product; function, fit, high quality of needle and workmanship. Provide excellence in technical & artistic skills; mentor Developers & Fit Specialists to increase skills & experience with product.
• Act as owner of projects to create innovative and premium performance products; owner of weartest and caretest selection, execution of samples and tests, reporting back to Product Development Manager and Head of Product Development
• Anticipate potential issues, problem solve for issues related to fabric/pattern/construction, plan & innovate creative meathods for timely execution of the GTM gates for Design and Development in the POD
• Collaborate with key partners in Raw Materials, Sourcing, Merchandising and Design to ensure the seasonal styles on the Line Plan are executable and re-produceable against company principles; build relationships with manufacturing partners
• Collaborate across Expert Product Developers to share & maximize best practices, establish new methods, bring new execution methods, concepts, and functional expertise to the Development team.
The finer print required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or closely related field, OR diploma in Design.
• 6-10 years of apparel industry experience in product development and garment fit
• Traveled to and worked on site with manufacturers overseas and experienced with global retail apparel companies
• Strong technical knowledge of performance product construction, fit, and materials
• Strong technical construction knowledge for product manufacturing
• Strong team player, knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, materials, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance
• Experience in building BOM’s, measurement and technical packages
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Adobe Illustrator, PLM software, Microsoft office applications and Outlook)
• Knowledge of product creation calendar timeline and able to work against deadlines
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.