|Date Posted||Feb 27, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: (6233)
Job Location(s) 1818 Cornwall Ave Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, and fun lives
The Senior Merchant is responsible for the creation of the assortment, execution and depth of the buy for their specific product category across all channels. The assortment represents the design and merchandising direction and delivers against seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed guest expectations. This person will collaborate closely with Design, Development, Commercialization, Sourcing, and Production. They will lead effective partnerships with Planning, Allocations, Visual Merchandising, Digital and Retail Operations to deliver “right product, right stores, right time”. The Senior Merchant is responsible for the development of other members of the merchant team.
a day in the life of a senior merchant, ivivva
Owns the assortment creation process, breaking down roadmap stories into seasonal line plan and managing style/sku productivity
Contribute to the financial success of the region by meeting and exceeding sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals through all channels (stores, ecommerce, strategic sales, & showrooms) through the effective partnership with Planning and Allocations.
Is a “market expert” in their product category for all channels and can effectively communicate key data points, including merchandising strategies, athletic and fashion trends, pricing and competition, that inform the product strategy
Proactively gather, analyze and drive insight from local market knowledge and competitive landscape across all channels.
Lead the product reviews (“meltdown”) for their product category, delivering on timely, measureable, and actionable feedback.
Act as the primary point of contact for product feedback from your product category.
Formulate and define local pricing strategies.
Manage the life-cycle of your product category including introduction and flow, build-up, and retirement of those styles
Trains, supports and develops merchants and assistant merchants
The finer print
• Bachelor’s degree (Business, commerce preferred)
• 3-5 years’ experience in retail in a merchant or buying role
• Vertical retail and omni channel experience
• Mastery of retail mathematics and open to buy
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to interpret multiple data points across numerous channels and market segments
• Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team
• Excellent sense of style and color trends; athletically minded
• Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written and verbal
• Entrepreneurship – an ability to make decisions and take calculated risks
• Focus on creating an extraordinary guest experience, organizational and time management skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal –oriented)
• Willingness to travel and work on the retail floor
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.