|Date Posted||Mar 29, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
lululemon athletica – Vancouver, BC
Senior Fabric Developer
Salary: $75,000.00 - $120,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 3
NOC Group: 2233
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1E3 Canada
The Senior Fabric Developer is a technical fabric or trim developer who executes seasonal and long range developments cross functionally. They lead from a place of inquiry and apply reason and critical thinking to analyse and improve process and product offerings.
• To develop and commercialize fabrics that meet the determined technical & quality standards; that are appropriate to deliver the highest level of guest satisfaction in accordance with lululemon strategy and business goals –on time, in region, on cost.
• To drive self development and to ensure that fabric technical skills are developed and optimized to provide better understanding of the fabrics used.
• To maintain current knowledge on vendors and industry developments to deliver fabric technical innovation opportunities to set lululemon apart from its competitors
• To provide technical support for the designers and garment technical teams on fabric construction, innovation and on the technical capability of vendors to deliver the products required.
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
• College Diploma required in textiles science, fashion, chemistry or related to the textiles field. We will consider candidates without a diploma if the Industry experience demonstrates a strong technical background in Raw Materials, Sourcing & Fabric Development that exceeds 10 years.
• 7-10+ years experience working for a global retailer role specialized in Raw Materials, Sourcing & Fabric Development
• At least 3 years experience traveling and working with suppliers overseas in product development for athletic wear, knit, or technical fabrics
• Strong knowledge of development techniques,(process/equipment etc.) for fabrics and the fabric development process and timelines.
• Strong technical knowledge gained in retail / manufacturing environment covering all areas of textiles from fibres, yarn, material construction, finishes and printing.
• Strong knowledge of industry testing standards/test reports.
• Strong knowledge of Cross functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance and calendar.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.