|Date Posted||Feb 27, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Senior Accessories Designer
lululemon athletica Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, and fun lives
The Senior Accessories Designer at lululemon creates world class athletic apparel that is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit and quality. Under the mentorship and collaboration with the Design Director, you create and develop the line from inception of ideas to production of garments. You support in designing and executing seasonal collections that reflect lululemon’s ethos.
You combine active product use experience, market knowledge, trend research, and collaboration between lululemon designers to create functional, innovative, quality designs.
You partner with athletes to continually elevate and innovate our product.
You work cross functionally within the pod – design, development and raw materials, and with key partners – merchants, sourcing managers, training team.
• You work two shifts per month on the retail floor, and participate in yoga/fitness classes in the community.
• Have an informed point of view and be an expert on silhouette, fabric, trim, technology, and trend through travel, research, and product usage experience
• Design and build a cohesive collection of 20-25 functional, beautiful styles
• Ability to quickly and accurately communicate design vision through technical and detailed sketches
• Prepare and effectively present design concepts that communicate seasonal direction clearly
• Responsible for the clear communication of product information through technical sketches so colour legends, prototypes and BOM’s can be created
• Responsible for fitting styles in order to accurately communicate their design intent
• Responsible for ensuring all styles deliver our standards of quality, beauty and function to our guest
• Collaborate with Product Development, Raw Materials and Whites Space teams on the testing of products and fabrics by athletes and ensure results are incorporated into design concepts
• Awareness of what’s happening in sport and industry – research
• Awareness of how the line is currently performing in stores - work in the stores, lead design meetings, partner with athletes and action feedback for continual innovation of product
• Responsible for understanding the impact of your decisions on timelines and margins
• Travel to offshore factories as needed
• Develop and mentor Design Assistants
• Be a leader on the retail floor and on the design/production team
• Know and be an expert in the yoga and fitness community
The finer print
• Bachelors in Design required (or equivalent)
• 6+ years industry exp. in fashion accessories, cut and sew and knit design and/or related experience, including a solid understanding of patterning and construction.
• 2+ years exp, leading and managing teams
• Strong foundation in technical fabrications, yarns, trims
• Previous exp successfully commercializing product with offshore supply partners, ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Adhere to strict timelines and calendar dates to deliver exceptional product, on-time
• Proficient use of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, Word, Mac platform
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.