|Date Posted||Jan 17, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0911)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
lululemon labs are incubators of people, product, and ideas. We generate new designs, concepts and seed new lines authentically influenced in the cities we exist. We incubate in limited edition, designed locally.
The Raw Materials Manager is responsible for managing all raw material related functions for global labs. The RMM partners strongly to develop relationships with raw material vendors to deliver quality raw materials in a timely, consistent manner.
• Fully accountable for ordering, managing, tracking and maintaining sample and bulk yardage for fabric and trims according to GTM timelines.
• Educate and enroll Raw Material vendors in the lab business in support of strong and successful partnerships.
• Partner strongly with cross-functional teams at SSC (RM development, RM sourcing, quality, logistics, customs, accounting, etc.) for guidance and support where needed.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining all fabric and trim documentation including: legal, DNA, cost, MCQ, MOQ’s, surcharges, etc.
• Manage and track RM inventory to provide visibility pre-season in support of responsible inventory management and inform internal stakeholders on a timely basis of liabilities to dissolve as required.
• Raw Material procurement including: quality, cost, minimums, surcharges, WIP management, customs clearance, etc. as per calendar requirements and lab guidelines.
• Facilitate smooth adoption/adaption of Raw Materials from lab to lululemon.
• Create RM processes, guidelines and improvement plans for production and delivery to provide clarity and understanding for all partners.
• Coordination approval and payment of invoices for raw material orders.
• Responsible for establishing and driving all RM related calendar timelines.
• Create and maintain historical RM palettes.
• Be the point person for managing all RM relationships both internally and externally.
• Maintain lab RM Archive (library) for reference.
The finer print
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in textile or apparel merchandising or a related field.
• 5 + years’ work experience in a production, sourcing or raw material environment.
• management experience in production, sourcing and raw materials is required
• Strong knowledge of technical fabrics and trims.
• Self-starter - able to work independently and as part of an extended team with minimal information and guidance. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage large & dynamic volumes of data.
• Motivated by innovation, quick, nimble problem solving, and dynamic teamwork environment.
• Proven organizational skills & ability to manage large amounts of data.
• Strong excel skills.
• Travel as needed.
• Proven ability to problem solve & resolve issues; curiosity & information seeking skills.
• Clear written & verbal communication skills; ability to influence decision making.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple requests and timelines concurrently, with ability to prioritize work.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.