|Date Posted||Mar 08, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $80,000.00 - $115,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5245)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, fun lives.
Whitespace and why we need you…
The Whitespace team shapes, surprises and engineers delight into future guest experiences by applying new thinking to knowledge generation, product functionality, manufacturing technology and business processes. In our state of the art lab, the Workshop, we go beyond classic research and development methodologies and dive into all areas of mind and body. We need you to bring to life the capabilities of our prototyping facility through charismatic leadership, workflow optimization and your expert knowledge, which spans everything from digital pattern making to constructing prototypes and conducting product fits.
A day in the life of a Prototyping Manager
• You charismatically lead a team of prototyping technicians managing workflow of the space and projects while also tracking team performance and timelines.
• You have an Innovative approach to garment engineering utilizing new materials, finishes, trims and ability to challenge and change existing processes to constantly move product innovation forward.
• You are the ‘go to’ expert for garment engineering in the whitespace workshop; helping train and impart knowledge to the team and wider business through collaboration with Design, Merchandising, and Development partners.
• You are responsible for ensuring our prototyping facility supports the businesses current and future make needs whilst also exploring relationships with key vendors and technology providers.
• You lead prototype garment needs from close fitting stretch materials to loose fitting outerwear product and complex bra constructions through pattern/block creation and/or appraisal in men’s, women’s, and/or children’s apparel.
• You excel at engaging teams in creative problem solving through 3D make, whether through sewing, bonding, 3D printing, laser cutting or any other state of the art technologies.
• You understand how garments perform in use and strive to partner with our R&D team to build and understand the data that improves your knowledge and drives your prototype improvements.
• You have an understanding of fit and grading with the ability to support cross-functional teams in establishing consistency in sizing and fit.
The finer print
• 7-9 years apparel industry experience in stretch and non-stretch garment fitting, patternmaking, and grading
• 4+ years leadership experience managing a product prototyping team, its complex multi-project workflow and associated spaces & machinery
• Traveled to and worked on site with manufacturers across Asia, Americas and/or Europe
• Technical construction knowledge & experience with performance product and fit, grading, & patternmaking
• Strong CAD skills in traditional pattern software (Gerber preferred) through to experience of solid/surface 3D modeling and desktop software (Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft office)
• Experience of product creation calendars, enabling team success with strict project deliverables
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.