|Date Posted||Feb 25, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: (6233)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
lululemon athletica – Vancouver, BC
As a member of the product team, the Planning team is responsible for ensuring financial success of the company. They work closely with Merchandising and Allocations to understand new product trends (Merchandising) and regional/climate selling, size trends, and logistics (Allocations). T he team monitors the business on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, understanding changes in trend and reacting to the business to maximize sales and mitigate risk. T he priority is to understand and protect the guest experience, followed by delivering profitable sales growth (comp and GM$s)
The finer print
• Partner with the Merchants on the development of pre-season sales, markdown, margin, receipt and inventory
• Develop assortment plans to the category level by country by channel
• Develop projections and inventory flow for key items/collections
• Analyze and reflect current trends in performance of strategy based on actual sales performance; revise in-season plans for sales and profitability; control inventory levels
• Partner with Merchant to develop and propose tactics in response to current business trends, such as:
Make recommendations for key financial meetings/decisions in order to maximize sales, margin and inventory productivity
Monthly plan review process: develop sales, markdown, receipt and inventory re-forecasts
Manage receipts and adjust inventory flow
Communicate revisions within the team and cross functionally
• Forecast monthly and seasonal store plans for allocation, OT B
• Exhibit initiative to look beyond the everyday business to look for opportunities to maximize sales potential
• Partner and communicate with Production, Marketing, Allocation and Logistics
• Provide other analysis related to driving business goals (e.g. hindsights, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• 2-4+ years merchandise planning/inventory experience in vertically integrated apparel retail industry
• Previous experience with merchandise and planning systems.
• Expert knowledge of Excel is required.
• Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
• Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
• Extremely organized thorough and able to prioritize
• Detail orientated
• Strong ability to see the merchandise vision and translate the vision into viable plans.
• Results oriented -- strong sense of motivation
• Self directed problem solver, proactive and resourceful
• Responsible, dependable and mature, with sound judgment
• Capable of effective multiple demand management from a variety of sources and adapts well to change.
• Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.