|Date Posted||Feb 02, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $60,000.00 - $95,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5245)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Product Development Team
To create and commercialize premium performance product ensuring it fits and functions for the intended end use through garment fit and construction and is meeting the required quality standards through lab and wear testing in accordance with lululemon business goals.
A day in the life of a Pattern Engineer
• Lead and execute the block program for men’s, women’s, and/or children’s apparel by partnering with cross-functional partners to establish fit foundations and sizing that satisfy business needs and brand growth.
• Working with Design partners, create and manage Fit Theory in order to maintain consistency in fit and sizing through block creation.
• Update grading and specification templates in PLM for blocks for use by the Fit Specialists
• Provide guidance and support to PODs on the proper selection of blocks/spec templates for seasonal styles.
• Own the expertise of base body shape & size for desired target market.
• Participate on fit model selection and ensuring that selected model shapes represent a variety of body shapes for all sizes in the range.
• Work closely with Director- Global Fit on creating and maintaining grade rules for all blocks
• Educate factories as needed for accurate use of pattern block tools.
• Participate in fitting as needed to support Fit Specialists in maintain consistent fit while achieving Design’s vision for seasonal styles.
• Collaborate with PODs to identify on-going block development needs.
The finer print
•Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Textiles, or closely related field, OR diploma in Design
• 5-10 years of apparel industry experience in patternmaking and garment fit
• Experience in working with manufacturers across Asia, Americas and Europe
• Strong technical knowledge of performance product and body sizing
• Strong technical construction knowledge for product manufacturing
• Strong team player, knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, materials, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance
• Experience in building BOM’s, measurement and technical packages a plus
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Adobe Illustrator, CAD - preferably Gerber, PLM software, Microsoft office applications and Outlook)
• Knowledge of product creation calendar timeline and able to work against deadlines
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.