|Date Posted||Mar 24, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (1122)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Partner Sustainability Manager
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, lululemon athletica makes products that create transformational experiences for people to live happy, healthy and fun lives.
Here, sustainability means creating impact toward a healthy, thriving world and brand. It is a practice of integrating environmental, social and economic priorities into what we do for the short and long term, focusing on issues that matter most for our people, supply chain, products, brand, store operations, community and business.
The Partner Sustainability Manager maintains systems and processes to ensure lululemon’s business partners are aware of and effectively implement lululemon’s Vendor Code of Ethics (VCoE). Reporting to the Global Manager of Partner Sustainability, you will work with lululemon’s cross functional business partners (particularly sourcing, production and quality) to ensure the manufacturing facilities making lululemon products meet international standards and local labour laws in areas such as wages, working hours, environment, health and safety; and that our vendor partners have capacity to proactively contribute to positive societal and business impact. This role works to support lululemon’s commitment to conduct business with highest ethical and business standards.
Reporting to the Global Manager of Partner Sustainability (based in Thailand), you lead and are accountable for sustainability performance, compliance and beyond compliance, for finished goods, fabric mills + subcontractor facilities manufacturing in North America (including lululemon labs), South America and Europe.
The finer print
• Bachelor’s degree in sustainability, labour studies, environmental science or another related field.
• 7+ years compliance/assessment background in a consultancy, international brand or NGO.
• Audit certifications such as SA 8000 or ISO 14001 is a plus
• Strong knowledge of garment, mills and accessories processes for apparel manufacturing
• Strong international social and labour knowledge including issues, legislation, standards and processes
• Strong environmental knowledge including issues, standards and processes (e.g. wastewater, hazardous waste, chemicals management)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in multiple languages:
o English -fluent
o Spanish – excellent command of written and verbal
o French or Asian language an asset
• Self-starter, highly motivated, and able to work independently with minimal day to day input
• Business savvy, and have demonstrated exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills
• Strong analytical, prioritization, interpersonal + planning skills, with an outcome orientation and service mentality
• Respectfully and effectively handle sensitive and confidential information
• Global perspective and are culturally sensitive (adjusts personal style to different cultures)
• Demonstrated training and capacity building, among vendor partners and internal partners
• Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in the face of ambiguity and complexity
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.