|Date Posted||Feb 10, 2017|
BRIKA is the preeminent retail platform for talented artisans and designers. Our mission is to enable our artisans to become bigger, better and more successful. BRIKA brings special and unique modern crafts (home, little ones, fashion accessories, paper, jewelry) straight to consumers, and we highlight the incredibly inspiring stories of our artisans. Our consumer base consists mostly of creative, well-connected, conscious women ages 25-54, who are looking for unique products that reflect who they are. Visit us at BRIKA.com and our various shops within the GTA. Also get to know us via our social media outlets (@shopBRIKA).
As the Merchandising Intern, you will support the daily operations of the merchandising/buying at BRIKA; support the buying team in managing the overall merchandise flow, and have the opportunity to learn a core function within our growing company.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Store & Online Merchandising:
1. Assist with sourcing products for BRIKA's stores
2. Send PO's for new and replenishment orders
3. Follow up with vendors as required
4. Track shipments against cancel dates
5. Create skus
6. Receive shipments and enter into store systems
7. Assist with store visual plans
8. Organize and file all vendor catalogues and line sheets
9. Manage markdowns and promotions according to strategy
10. Uploading new Maker collections to BRIKA.com
Artisan Community Building:
1. Reach out to new makers
2. Respond to new maker applications
3. Assist with booking online artisan launches
4. Answer maker enquiries related to stores and online
-Completes assigned task thoroughly, accurately and on a timely basis. Pays attention to detail.
-Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. Adapts easily to changes in workload and assignment.
-Communicates in a professional and courteous manner.
-Works cooperatively with others. Displays a positive attitude and a willingness to assist co-workers at all levels. Adapts to and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
-Demonstrates initiative; anticipates needs of business/office and responds accordingly.
-Contributes to the success of BRIKA.
-Advanced computer skills in Excel and email with an aptitude for learning new programs.
-Must have laptop computer.