|Date Posted||Mar 14, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: (0113)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Reporting to the Director, Merchandising, the Merchandise Manager is responsible for driving the creation of the product assortment and line plans that delivers on our design vision while delivering best in class sales, inventory and margin results for their assigned product categories. This person will lead effective partnerships with Design, Planning, Allocations, Visual Merchandising, Development, Commercialization, Sourcing, Production, and their respective Operations teams to bring our design vision to life. The Merchandise Manager is responsible for the development of other members of their merchandising team.
a day in the life of a Merchandise Manager
• Accountable for driving the successful creation and execution of a line plan for assigned product categories that contribute to the financial success of the company by meeting and exceeding sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals through all respective channels.
• Owns the pre-season planning process, breaking down roadmap stories into seasonal line plan and managing style/sku productivity
• Collaborates closely international buying teams to ensure that regional needs are incorporated into the line plan
• Provides leadership for their respective pod to meet key GTM gate deliverables
• Proactively gathers, analyzes and drives insight from local market knowledge and competitive landscape across all channels.
• Manage the product lifecycle for all styles in assigned product categories including introduction, build and retirement of those styles.
• Leads the in-season management of your product category, through flow, product education, chase, cancellations, markdowns and exit.
• Manages, trains, supports and mentors Merchandise Assistants
• Demonstrates an impeccable taste level and is passionate about sweating, health and personal development
the finer print
• Bachelors degree qualified (business, commerce preferred)
• 5 + years of experience in a Merchandise/buyer role in a global retail company.
• Vertical retail experience required. Omni channel experience required.
• Mastery of retail mathematics and Open to Buy
• Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team
• Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written and verbal
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
• Entrepreneurship – an ability to make decisions and take calculated risks
• Focus on creating an extraordinary guest experience, organizational and time management skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) and working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator.
• Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and work on the retail floor
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.