|Date Posted||Feb 02, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $55,000.00 - $70,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Product Development Team
To assist with the creation and commercialization of premium performance product ensuring it is performing for the intended end use through garment fit and construction and is meeting the required quality standards through lab and wear testing in accordance with lululemon business goals.
a day in the life of a Junior Product Developer
• Assist the Product Developer to build premium performance products (function, fit, high quality of needle and workmanship)
• Build relationships with our manufacturing partners through correct communication
• Assist in projects to create innovative and premium performance products; assist in weartest and caretest selection, execution of samples and tests, reporting back to Product Development Manager and Head of Product Development
• Assist the Product Developer in the development of the assigned styles to on-time and 100% Buy Ready; support the GTM calendar management to hit KPIs with cross-functional team members; attend fit sessions
The finer print
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or closely related field, OR diploma in Design.
• 2-4 years of apparel industry experience in product development and garment fit
• Traveled to and worked on site with manufacturers across Asia, Americas and Europe
• Technical knowledge of knitting (raw materials or garments)
• Strong technical knowledge of performance product and fit with a global apparel retailer
• Strong technical construction knowledge for product manufacturing
• Strong team player, knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, materials, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance
• Experience in building BOM’s, measurement and technical packages
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Adobe Illustrator, PLM software, Microsoft office applications and Outlook)
• Knowledge of product creation calendar timeline and able to work against deadlines
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.