|Date Posted||Mar 15, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
If this describes you, do not hesitate, apply for the Fashion Buyer position at The Imperative, because you are exactly who we are looking for! This is a rare opportunity to work in a fun and flexible startup environment, and also enjoy the stability that comes with an established company that has significant revenue and organic growth in place.
The Imperative is a vegan retail concept store, located on Queen West, that showcases the best animal-free products. Expect to find everything from designer winter coats and make-up, to bespoke truffles and custom jewelry. We believe that veganism is a moral imperative, and that the next generation is eager to shop with that in mind. The Imperative is owned by parent company, The 5700 Inc., a hybrid website management and hospitality company, powered by veganism. We own and operate 30 events per year, along with the annual Toronto and Chicago Vegan Food and Drink Festivals and Doomie’s Toronto.
Who should you be?
• A team player; you understand that running a successful retail store is a team sport and have the necessary communication and interpersonal skills to get the job done
• A hungry and passionate fashion maven; your initiative, negotiation skills and analytical skills are bar none
• A person that loves to succeed and hustles to ensure a win every time; you thrive in fast paced environments and always meet your deadlines
• A computer savvy professional; you have a strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Experience managing and updating a company website is a plus!
• A like-minded peer who believes wholeheartedly in our company values; you are passionate about what we do and believe in the ethical treatment of animals
The role in more detail, you ask?
• Identify market trends through market visits, industry shows and media publications
• Identify and analyze statistical trends based on past and current results
• Lead buying meetings to discuss trends and appropriate action plans to maximize retail sales
• Prepare open to buy reports and sales forecasts for each season
• Attend pre-line meetings and buying meetings to purchase product
• Review and update merchandising strategy with in-store staff and senior management, in order to increase sales
• Actively research and identify new brands to showcase in-store, obtain feedback on how the market responds to choices made and to market needs
• Oversee the smooth functioning of our online retail website; update content regularly and coordinate with in-store staff to ensure timeliness of customer shipments
• Review weekly performance by department against plan and forecast
• Monitor sales and out-of-stock items, adjust inventory levels based on sales trends
• Prepare and present seasonal business reviews based on in-store sales
• University/College Degree or Diploma in related field
• Must have 2-3 years minimum retail buying knowledge and experience
• Must be able to select product that will maximize sales, profit and gross margin
• Must understand the product and customer/ market and fashion trends
• Ability to effectively communicate with senior management and make recommendations
• A firm understanding of veganism
What we offer
• Competitive salary and career growth
• The excitement of working in a startup environment, combined with the opportunities of a large organization
• Ability to work with a team that is dedicated to continually learning new technologies, coming up with creative solutions, and working hard to see them come to life
• A beautiful office in trendy Liberty Village, with easy access to transit
• And a whole lot more!