|Date Posted||Mar 10, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $55,000.00 - $79,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians (2233)
Job Location(s)1818 Cornwall AveVancouver, British ColumbiaV6J 1C7
Fabric Developer lululemon athletica – Vancouver, BC The Fabric Developer is a technical fabric or trim developer who executes seasonal and long range developments cross functionally. They lead from a place of inquiry and apply reason and critical thinking to analyze and improve process and product offerings. Main Responsibilities: • To develop and commercialize fabrics that meet the determined technical & quality standards; that are appropriate to deliver the highest level of guest satisfaction in accordance with lululemon strategy and business goals –on time, in region, on cost. • To drive self-development and to ensure that fabric technical skills are developed and optimized to provide better understanding of the fabrics used. • To maintain current knowledge on vendors and industry developments to deliver fabric technical innovation opportunities to set Lululemon apart from its competitors • To provide technical support for the designers and garment technical teams on fabric construction, innovation and on the technical capability of vendors to deliver the products required.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree required in textiles science, fashion, chemistry or related to the textiles field. We will consider candidates without a diploma if the Industry experience demonstrates a strong technical background in Raw Materials, Sourcing & Fabric Development that exceeds 10 years.
• 2-5+ years experience in Raw Materials, Sourcing & Fabric Development in retail industry
• Experience with global retailer
• Strong knowledge of development techniques (process/equipment etc.) for athletic fabrics and the fabric development process and timelines.
• Strong technical knowledge gained in retail / manufacturing environment covering all areas of textiles from fibers, yarn, material construction, finishes and printing.
• Strong knowledge of industry testing standards/test reports.
• Strong knowledge of cross-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance and calendar.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.