|Date Posted||Aug 08, 2018|
You are an aspiring writer/editor who has a love of fashion, beauty, flowers, and, of course, luxury weddings and extraordinary events! Social media is part of your daily life and you are constantly reading fashion/lifestyle blogs and can name countless beautiful Instagram feeds that you love to scroll through.
Assisting our Art Director, Fashion & Style Editor, and Content Editor, you will be curating on-trend, beautiful, luxurious, and elegant content for a national luxury wedding magazine, wedding show, website, daily blog, and other exciting special projects.
If you’re the right person for the job, here are the specific tasks of the position:
• Create blog posts and write copy, on WordPress
• Pin and tag content from WedLuxe.com to social media sites
• Source images for potential social posts
• Manage a social media account for our sister magazine Cayman Vows
• Edit images
• Contribute to the conceptualization and production of our W/S 2019 issue by working with both the editorial and graphic design teams
• Assist on set at WedLuxe photoshoots
• Contribute to the production of the Fall and Winter 2018-2019 editions of our digital magazine, the WedLuxe Global Trend Report, by assisting both the editorial and graphic design teams
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Adobe CS suite of software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.)
• Proficient on a Mac computer
• Strong time management/organizational skills with ability to prioritize and work with minimum supervision
• Passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, writing and social media
• Working knowledge of, and experience with, WordPress
• Currently enrolled in a diploma/degree program (preferably in Fashion, English, Marketing, Graphic Design, or PR)
• A strong concept of current trends in fashion, interior design, event decor, beauty, and floral design, with an interest in trend forecasting
*Please note - Candidate must be available to start September 2018. The internship will run for 4 months depending on availability. School credit is mandatory. Currently this is an unpaid position, however this is a great opportunity to build your portfolio with valuable work experience and establish yourself in the industry.