|Date Posted||Apr 10, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0113)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Raw Material Sourcing Department
The Lululemon Raw Material Sourcing team is dedicated to develop a global family that aligns with our core values and who are best in their field. To provide to our cross functional partners; innovative, quality and value components, which enable lululemon to deliver product that meets or exceed our guests expectations.
a day in the life of a Raw Material Sourcing Director
• You'll be providing leadership! You will be developing and implementing the Raw Material sourcing vision and strategy incorporating, Forecasting, Planning, Costing, and Capability.
• You will be building a tight and versatile vendor base that will offer Design and Development access to innovative, and cutting edge Raw Materials that will inspire and motivate our guests.
• You'll be creating a team of enthusiastic Lemons, to deliver the strategies and initiatives you have designed, and provide leadership to your team.
• You'll create, shape and manage an environment that proudly embodies the mission and values of lululemon
• You will use your project management skills and reporting savvy to provide visibility to the Product team on capacity constraints, lead times, costing, planning and forecasting.
• You'll be working very closely with our Quality and Sustainability Leadership to ensure the highest quality products as well as safe and healthy working environments; with the Production Team to ensure delivery, quality, compliance and factory relationship goals and objectives are met;
• You'll also be working closely with and managing vendor relationships with utmost diplomacy and assertiveness to promote brand integrity and best business interests of lululemon, and supporting the LLO with communication to mills and factories to support On Time Delivery of all orders.
• You'll actively identify sourcing successes and potential issues as well as proactively solve capacity, costing or planning challenges.
• You'll provide strategic and real-time feedback on the manufacturing industry, including key economic and political indicators.
The finer print:
• Bachelor Degree or higher in Textile Science or Chemical Engineering is required
• 10+ years experience in raw materials development or raw materials sourcing
• You have at least 2 years’ experience in managing subordinates & thrive on coaching, & providing feedback for growth
• You have global experience and leadership skills within a mill, strategic thinking, problem solving, and a work ethic with utmost integrity
• You are: goal-oriented, self-motivated, empathetic, energetic, approachable and FUN!
• Visionary and strategic leader
• Cross-functional team leader
• Excel in communication, project management, and analysis with a love of Raw Materials
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.