|Date Posted||Apr 10, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0911)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Director of Raw Materials
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Raw Materials Team
Create industry leading, high quality, eco-friendly performance raw materials in collaboration with Sourcing & Supplier Partners. Transform design concepts into reality, research new technologies/solutions, and develop fabrics, trims, colour & prints that surprise & delight the guest while meeting quality and compliance standards.
a day in the life of a Director of Raw Materials
• Direct, lead & inspire a technical team who specialize in fabrics, trims, yarns, colour & prints; elevate the team with education, learning & development, and a collaborative work environment. Provide the team with vision, leadership, and direction to build premium product.
• Provide direction & ensure execution of the Raw Material strategy. Partner with Design, Merch, Sourcing, Whitespace and Brand leaders to set clear direction & goals to create & own premium performance materials that differentiate our products in the market.
• Responsible for performance results across the team, reporting progress of key performance indicators, mitigating risk, and communicating key information to drive business success.
• Partner with leaders of Global Fit & Product Development to set team goals. Ensure education of raw materials for the cross-functional POD teams and elevate the functionality of fabrics in relation to patterns & construction. Seek experts in the industry for specialty skills & knowledge related to textile & non-textile materials.
• Initiate and drive Sustainable raw materials and processes. Drive and see through significant environmental and social/economic results which change the world. Raise the bar and actively participate in world-wide organizations that share objectives & causes.
• Strategically support key business initiatives, challenge the status quo, and continually improve and evolve the team, processes, and results.
The finer print
• 10-15 years of apparel industry experience in textiles, non-materials, raw materials, and/or colour.
• Bachelor Degree or higher in Textile Science or Chemical Engineering is required
• Proven experience leading a team in raw materials or product development; 5+ years management experience
• Traveled to and worked on site with manufacturers around the world
• Strong knowledge of supply chain operations
• Team player, knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements
• Computer skills (Excel, Adobe Illustrator, PLM software, Microsoft office applications and Outlook). Understanding of product creation calendar; ability to work with timelines.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.