|Date Posted||Feb 27, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: (0911)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1C7 Canada
Director of Product Development
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy and fun lives.
Product Development Team
To manage the creation and commercialization of premium performance product ensuring it is performing for the intended end use through garment fit and construction and is meeting the required quality standards through lab and wear testing in accordance with lululemon business goals.
a day in the life of a Director of Product Development
• Lead & Direct multiple product development & fit teams to build premium product (function, fit, high quality of workmanship, and raw materials) that elevates our product to greatness, meets quality testing requirements, and matches lululemon product principles.
• Motivate a winning team of Product Developers and Fit Specialists to maximize their skills, continue to learn, be involved in the industry, and attract new talent. Know the strengths within the Development team(s) and strategically delegate projects and work to increase experience across the team.
• Establish & maintain a close rapport and working relationship with cross-functional team leaders. Strategize with partners internally & externally on processes, product initiatives, and projects which enable the team to create great product.
• Proactively engage with cross-functional partners to understand and support business strategies for products.
• Lead the team to execute product according to seasonal timelines; anticipate and prevent issues for the team to keep the pathway clear.
• Manage KPIs and hold accountability across the team to meet deadlines. Ensure product is fully Commercial and ready for bulk production without risk of issues.
The finer print
• 10-15 years of global apparel industry experience in product development, technical design and garment fit, (including 5-7 years at least at a Manager level).
• Bachelor's degree in Design, Fashion Merchandising or textile sciences.
• Traveled to and worked on site with manufacturers overseas
• Strong technical knowledge of performance product, fit, raw materials & construction • Strong technical construction knowledge for product manufacturing
• Strong team player, knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, materials, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance
• Experience in building strategies for complex projects related to: BOM’s, measurement, technical packages, systems/applications
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Adobe Illustrator, PLM software, Microsoft office applications and Outlook)
• Knowledge of product creation calendar timeline and able to work against deadlines
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.