|Date Posted||Aug 17, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5242)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
who we are
Yoga is our first love, and we also make technical product for running, training and pretty much every other way you like to sweat. You can find our stores all around the world, from Vancouver to Dubai, and places in between. Our vision is to create transformational experiences for people to live happy, healthy, fun lives.
about this role
• Leads a team of passionate design professionals through creative direction, coaching and feedback.
• Creates an environment of innovation and collaboration
• Manages design processes to ensure deliverables, timelines and budgets are met.
• Collaborates with the Area Directors to serve as a proactive mentor and resource for maintaining excellence and consistency in branded store design
• Drives strategy and vision for Store Design team
• Evolves store design elements to meet the growing and changing needs of the business
• In collaboration with cross functional partners, identifies market needs and develop innovative new solutions for merchandising and store experience
• Serves as a key point of contact with vendors architects, consultants and designers as needed
• Identifies new vendors and consultants as needed to meet the needs of an evolving global business.
• In partnership with EMEA & APAC Store Design & Development provide store design guidelines vision, principles strategic and tactical direction for design continuity for global store design
• Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Interior Design, Architecture or related field required
• 8-10 years of related experience in architecture or project management in store design
• 7 + years experience in managing a team
• Experience in luxury retail
• Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and geographies.
• Passion for fitness, the outdoors and an active lifestyle is a must.
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.