|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Posted||Feb 14, 2017|
About Victory Patterns
Victory Patterns is a Canadian sewing pattern company based in Toronto. We create fashion forward digital and paper patterns for women who love to sew for themselves. Our patterns strike a balance between vintage and modern fashion aesthetics. Our mission is to get women excited about sewing, create momentum for slow fashion and encourage a more creative and inspired life.
In 2011, Victory Patterns launched their first line of PDF patterns and in 2013, released their full line of printed patterns. The founder, Kristiann Boos, published her first modular sewing pattern book Boundless Style, (Fons & Porter), in 2015. We are currently releasing new patterns on a quarterly basis and are working towards developing educational products for our customers.
We sell our patterns both B2C (Business to Consumer) through our e-commerce website and B2B (Business to Business) through retailers across North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
Victory Patterns has been featured in Sew Magazine, Mollie Makes, Toronto Star, Flare Magazine, Uppercase Magazine, Makeful TV, among others.
You can view our products in the Victory Patterns Shop
We’re also active on social media.
Follow us here: Blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest.
Victory Patterns is looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant (intern) to assist on a part-time (2 days / week) basis for 4 months.
This is a great hands-on learning opportunity with a growing company for an individual interested in fashion, maker culture and crafts/DIY. You must have a solid handle of all things social media and managing content on various social channels as well as an interest in content writing, content curation.
Marketing Intern Duties:
• Develop and implement strategy for social medial platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest).
• Lead the product launch messaging, strategy and execution for upcoming products and patterns
• Writing content calendar and conduct content research for blog posts, social media according to seasonal trends and product release dates
• Assist with email marketing for B2C and B2B customers by creating content, proofreading and deploying emails
• Create digital promotional strategy and manage execution on how to further engage existing and new B2B (retail / wholesale) customers
• Driven and ambitious with a proven track record of success
• Excellent communication skills
• Friendly, gregarious, personable character
• An understanding of social media (Share with us your Twitter, Blog, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.!)
• Analytical skills
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and presentation skills
• Knowledge of Mailchimp and basic HTML is considered an asset
• Excellent research skills
• Special interest in fashion, maker culture and crafts / DIY
• Interest in working for a small (yet highly publicized) owner-operated business
• Ability to work with others to deliver positive results
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Thinks outside of the box
Please submit your resume, CV and URLs (social / blog / LinkedIn / website) to email@example.com
In your application, let us know why you should be selected for this internship.
Deadline for application: Friday, February 24th.