|Date Posted||Jan 19, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: (5243)
Job Location(s) 1818 Cornwall Ave Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1C7 Canada
Designer – Bra, Swim, & Intimates
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, more fun lives.
a day in the life of a Designer – Bra, Swim & Intimates
• Design beautiful, premium and functional apparel that solves sweaty athletic problems – leading edge in performance, quality, fit and comfort
• Supports the VP of Design and Concept team in conceptual research and collaboration to build the seasonal creative vision – product strategies, trend analysis, design language and ethos, branding, technology solves, colour & print direction, fabric & trim, construction, etc.
• Partner with the Merchant on building a line strategy, and partner with Development and Sourcing to deliver quality product on time
• Work with VP of Design to ensure continuity in design strategies and branding across lines
• Own designs and execution of those designs from concept to floor – from season kickoff to final fittings, while building product education
• Partner with VP of Design and the Concept team to color up designs for each season -- oversee execution to manage how it will look on the floor
• Partner with Brand Team and athletes for product education and weartesting
• Work pre-season to develop new ideas, fabric, technologies for water product.
• Build and coach a high performance team of designers – build and train on ethos and development resources
• Travel to factories for product development – up to 4 times per year
• Travel for trend research and tradeshows – design inspiration, colour, print, fabric & trim exploration
• Work on the retail floor once every two weeks, connecting with guests & athletes to elevate our product
• Be an expert in run, yoga, and water.
the finer print
• Completion of a bachlor's degree in art, design or related field. 3-5 years of design experience in technical performance apparel including 1-2+ years in swimwear, intimates, and/or bra design
• Strong knowledge of garment construction, fit, patterns, fabrics and textiles required
• Excellent skills in Illustrator and CAD tools -- hand sketching and 3D modeling skills
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Natural ability to oversee and lead a team in the development and design of product – previous cross-functional team experience required
• Willingness to be in wonderment and to learn
• Look for what is needed not only today but to realize the future
• Builds capabilities in the organization and in others to drive strategy and achieve results for today and tomorrow
• You live our brand
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.