|Date Posted||Feb 26, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
If you are an energetic, results-oriented marketer eager to take your skills to the next level, this is a great opportunity to gain hands-on cross-functional business experience building customer relationships on and offline while expanding the digital image of our company.
The ideal candidate will have retail or wholesale sales and customer service background, plus 1-3 years e-commerce experience on a 3rd party hosted platform such as Zoey Commerce (Magento), Squarespace or Shopify. Bonus points for experience in a hybrid B2B B2C ecommerce environment!
Candidate must embrace the opportunity to wear multiple hats and be a self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively within our small team.
Are you an energetic go-getter up for a new challenge? Read on!
eCommerce and digital marketing (50%):
• Optimize website conversions on company site and Etsy store- maintain and update products – take and/or edit photos from shoots, craft engaging product titles and descriptions to convert.
• Reporting and analysis of metrics – site traffic; Google Analytics, Search Console and Adwords; social metrics; Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest ads.
• Develop content calendar to support business objectives.
• Manage email marketing, social media and online campaigns.
• Lead transition of B2B customers to eCommerce ordering process.
• Content creation and curation for sales support/promotional materials, line sheets, website, social media.
• Stay in the know and up to date on both digital and bridal industry trends, position yourself as an expert in the field.
Customer service & sales support (50%):
• Liaise with customers on order confirmations and status, custom order enquiries and pricing, promotions and other sales initiatives.
• Studio point person for our account with North America’s largest specialty department retailer.
• Support production team, liaising between them and customers to ensure deadlines and order specs are met, provide production with updated plan reports.
• Order fulfillment, prepare shipments and all related documents and labels.
• Ad hoc projects and duties as required.
Success on our team has much to do with personal fit, read the following with care:
Essential personal traits & habits:
• *Extremely* high attention to detail: you notice *everything* and take action to anticipate and head off problems at the pass.
• Resourceful with strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Results-oriented with big picture focus to prioritize and drive projects to the finish line.
• High-energy, enthusiastic, reliable and organized.
• Customer-focused and entrepreneurial.
• Emotionally intelligent and resilient with great coping skills. We work to deadlines with demanding clients. Must be able to resolve situations with poise, tact, and efficiency.
Skills and experience:
• Basic HTML and CSS; advanced Excel, MS Office suite, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator (PC environment).
• Web design and ecommerce website management (1 year or more).
• Digital marketing (1 year or more).
• Social media marketing for a product-based business (preferably fashion/luxury goods) a strong asset; basic knowledge of key social channels and metrics is mandatory.
• Sales or customer service in retail or wholesale fashion industry, preferably in a luxury or specialty environment (2 years or more).
• Excellent business communication in English – phone, email, conversation, reading.
• Time management, able to prioritize and organize workflow to meet deadlines.
• MS Access and/or Quickbooks an asset but not required.
• Post-Secondary College diploma in business management, marketing, fashion business, e-commerce, or other related field.
Full time 35 hours per week, week days. Occasional weekends and evenings for trade shows, retail partner events, etc.
Candidates must live within reliable commuting distance to the Dufferin/Lawrence area.
Compensation: Hourly wage with bonus opportunity following training/probation period.
Drop us a few lines detailing what caught your eye about this opportunity, why you make a great fit, and what your wage expectations are with an up to date resume.
Both documents should include your last name in the file title and be saved in MS Word or PDF format (example: MJones_CoverLetter.PDF).
Kindly note, applications without cover letters are discarded.
Selected candidates will be contacted for next steps, no phone calls please.