|Date Posted||Mar 20, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5241)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
This opportunity offers a chance to leave your mark on a purpose-driven brand with big global goals (hello travel!). We need a highly driven, not-your-first-rodeo type of creative mind with an appetite for challenging the status quo. This is not your typical AD gig. We care about the craft, building work that we feel proud of, and—mostly importantly—creating conditions for people to thrive.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 7-10 years’ experience as an Art Director for global apparel brands (you’ve likely had the title Sr. Art Director or ACD in the agency world)
• 3-5 years in leading creative teams or in creative project management
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working with cross-functional project teams from concept through to execution.
• a body of work that demonstrates your creative versatility, depth of experience, and ability to lead complex projects
• someone who can give and receive feedback without ego
• a fun, sweat-loving creative, who is not afraid to get weird
What you’ll be doing:
• leadership and development for the team of writers, designers, and photographers you manage
• helping improve and set process for the department
• identifying “what’s next?” and how we get there
• directing cross-functional project teams from concept through to execution
• translating campaign ideas across mediums, channels, and regions
• pitching ideas to large groups and senior executives
• maintaining our brand visual language (and knowing when to break the rules too)
• meeting deadlines, while managing resources and budget effectively
Who we are:
Yoga is our core, but we also make specialized gear for runners, dancers, bikers, sweaty generalists and stretchy-pants lovers alike. Our stores can be found in Sydney, Jackson, Anchorage, Cologne, Singapore and tons of places in between. Our global vision remains the same as it was when we were selling gear out of a Vancouver yoga studio in 1998: to inspire and enable people to live long, healthy, fun lives by creating technical, athletic gear to get sweaty in.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.